I don't know what it is but somehow old lethargy crept back into my life and I can't shake it off. On the bright side I have the bestest friends and I can't complain about a thing. Which brings me to the problem that I can't name a reason for being so lazy. I blame it on my vegetarian diet.
Six of my closest friends and I spent two days in the woods north of Berlin this week. We stayed in the garden house of one of my friends family. I loved how quiet it was. Just a few people were spending the week in the allotments aswell, we rarely saw anyone. The house was full of food and magazines, we had a TV with a hundred channels and more, there were lots of blankets and pillows. We had a vegetable barbecue and we ate dinner on the patio. We went swimming a lot, even at night when the full moon made torches redundant. We cycled to the nearest village to buy peaches and crisps, we walked through the woods at day and at night and we took a LOT of pictures. I wonder how mine will turn out, I hope to get them back tomorrow. I used my new old Praktica for the first time so I try to not expect too much.
Can something beat the feeling of spending your time with the right people at the right place? The only thing we ever argued about was what to watch on TV. I wonder if we'd all get along living together in one big house. By all means we have to go on day trips together more often!
Now back in Berlin I can't help but get in a end of summer mood although I'm pretty sure summer isn't over yet. Until the rain leaves town I will occupy myself with listening to 60s girl groups and fabulous online mixtapes (thanks Maren!) wondering which boy/girl to kiss next, I'll drink even more chocolate milk, do research on studying abroad which I won't do anyway while the newspaper turns yellow.
Mike Powell made a Girl Group Mixtape and wrote an impressive and insightful article on the topic called Derailing the Teleology of Smooch. Get the songs here.
(via frl. zucker via Got A Girl Crush via So Tough! So Cute!)
3 comments:
<3 <3 <3
:')
könntest du bitte so ein buch schreiben mit lauter solchen geschichten egal ob wahr oder unwahr? ich habe immer so ein angenehm warmes gefühl wenn ich deine blogeinträge über freundschaften und trips etc. lese. weitermachen :)
Post a Comment