2011/03/23

brooklyn bound

So we came back from Montréal on Sunday night, this time by bus with an interesting stop in Albany and another stop just shortly after leaving Albany because the driver longed for fast food that he couldn't get in the city. We did so too! If he only told us earlier I wouldn't have gotten two eggs for my late night dinner. I woke up in New York while we were passing Central Park after falling asleep to Go Die Big City. Another night at the dorm that felt like summer temperature-wise, getting up early, getting soaked on my way to the Polish breakfast place on 1st Avenue, drying up while having an AWESOME omelette and then walking around Lower East Side and Alphabet City for at least one and a half hours while listening to The Magnetic Fields to enhance the experience. Besides a looong stay in the Cooper Hewitt Museum looking at expensive jewellery and cool prints and listening to a perfect pop playlist in the museum shop, a wifi/coffee stop on Madison and a train ride to Brooklyn I didn't do much. Hung out with two lovely folks and their cat in the very centre of Wiliamsburg and curled up on their couch.
Today I changed places in the borough and will most likely stay on this (more southern) part of Bedford Avenue until Saturday. The people are GREAT. There are 3 brothers and their cousin living here and I get the veeery comfortable couch in their living room. I got greeted with egg and cheese sandwiches on which I put too much hot sauce (well just a tiny bit seems to be too much for me) which led to 15 minutes of trying to cope with the overwhelming heat. Later we were supposed to go skating but as I didn't have the right shoes with me, I just walked to the skate park, hung out in Brooklyn (the weather = awesome), then accompanied Connor to a skate spot on 59th street where I made us of Starbucks wifi. Later met up with Ainara to finally have maccaroni and cheese with her (and Giullio plus Federico), then we went on a long search for milkshakes and hopelessly ended up at McDonald's which was full of nutters. If you should ever feel to urge to visit a McDonald's - try to stay away from 14th St/1st Ave.
Hopped on the L train, changed to G, went to some lame gig with C, changed to another location and then to a bar where I practiced my smalltalk which was fun. Almost as much fun as meeting a Polish guy in the subway whose catchphrase was "Mucho trabajo, poquito dinero". Not as much fun as having tea and whisky with the brothers and watching a couple of hilarious videos they made.

I'm starting to write incoherent sentences made out of fantasy language so I'll put the laptop beside and fall asleep. It's 4:34.
L.U.V.

Hasta La Pasta from Ty Flowers on Vimeo.

3 comments:

toni said...

luigi, you own the city.
mouchos amoros.

lvlvlv said...

ist das portugiesisch? heute ist schneeregen. :( mein blogeintrag klingt eindeutig alkoholisiert.
<3 <3 <3

toni said...

das ist fantasiesprache.
cu in real life <3