Sundays have the potential to be the best days of a week, so far I've rarely made use of this potential. On Sundays you can visit a million different flea markets in Berlin, find a new bike, a new book, a new record, a new dress, a frame for that picture you cut out of the newspaper weeks ago. Sundays are made for long walks through parts of your town you've never been before (and there's an awful lot of streets, squares and parks I haven't seen of Berlin yet!). Sundays are good for breakfast or coffee dates with friends and soon to be friends and for bike rides that let you lose your sense of direction.
My plan for today was to go to a Neukölln fleamarket, clean the flat, read my favourite newspaper, meet a good friend for coffee and to spend the evening playing poker with the band. I woke up late because of the change to daylight-saving time and some half-hearted party hopping which included getting offered expensive vodka by Peaches in the elevator of a posh hotel in Mitte and feeling out of place in a fascinating way at a hip hop party after 4 am.
Still I managed to get my room clean and tidy before some late evening coffee and cake. I decided against going out tonight (which I should do more often). Now I have time for reading, drinking orange juice and most importantly getting work done.
My Sunday brightened up when I finally got into The Mountain Goats and The Divine Comedy. I'll spend the rest of the evening listening to "No Children" and "Tonight We Fly", a rather peculiar pair of songs which lyrics have more analogies than you would expect.
2010/03/28
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment