2011/01/08

mind drips



I'm considering making one of those year end lists because putting together your favourite songs from a particular period of time can definitely help storing important memories. Most of the songs I'd list weren't released in 2010, for example The Mountain by Heartless Bastards. I remember listening to it in the morning on my way to yet another 8-10 hours work day, being in the mood of rather taking a train to a Brandenburg village then stepping into the mirror elevator which would take me up to our office. A song taking me back to positive moments is Round The Moon, a song reminding me of a woeful train ride is The Lang Toun and a song that reminds me of feeling hopeful while riding my bike is Don't Lie. Crave You will bring back memories from January 2011.

One week after New Year's Eve I had the most excellent dream, I just saw that I tried to type it down:
"Last night or rather this morning I had the best.dream.ever. It was like a movie of the best moments of 2010 and the past week. The dream started with a party we had at our place which wasn't quite our place as the third room was the bedroom of my parents where one of the most horrible girls from my school days had sex with a random guy. But that only happened at the end. The party moved from this flat to the flat of my grandma where also my family appeared and they kept silent the whole time and brought a baby and a kitten with them. I carried the kitten all the time (which correlates with me carrying a small but very heavy dog at a party yesterday). They also brought a weird naked baby. The air flowing in from the outside seemed to be made of spring. Places changed all the time. I remember feeling caught while smoking in my grandma's bedroom. Then we were at a hotel just that the hotel room had the size of a small kitchen or rather was a small kitchen. There was a larder which led to a bigger room which led to stairs and I don't remember where they led. I walked through a big big hotel lobby that looked like a piazza with palms and cafés and beautiful boys. As luck would have it I was friends with them. Later I found myself at a lake with my best friends. It was January, the sky was bright blue, we went swimming and we didn't feel cold."

Aspirations 2011: my life should be made out of luscious oranges, pretty pictures, lots of laughs, a holiday home in the woods, best friends, good books, great records and lemonade.

No comments: